Oral Z Lingual
Oral Z Lingual is the ideal restoration material for cases where more translucency and vitality are needed than most materials can provide. The porcelain veneered on the labial and buccal surfaces enhances beauty while the solid zirconia in the biting areas eliminates the risk of porcelain fracture associated with Porcelain-Fused-to-Zirconia Restorations.
A CAD/CAM substitute for traditional PFM, our porcelain-fused-to-zirconia can be used for anterior and posterior crowns, crowns over implants, and bridges of up to fourteen units.
- Attachment cases
- Cases with less than 1 mm clearance
- Patients who have broken a PFM crown
- Cases that require bonding
The ideal preparation for PFZs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required. Feather-edge margin preparations are indicated for full-cast restorations.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite (Kerr)
- Panavia F 2.0 (Kuraray) - ideal for short, tapered preparations
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool. To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident).
ADA Insurance Codes
- D2740 Crown - porcelain / ceramic substrate